FAB - Brewing Schedule

March 2nd - Red Ale

Saturday, February 24, 2018

New Pico Pro Brew Day

OK, so I jumped back into brewing this week. I have not brewed a batch for about a year and have been really missing the hobby. My life is in a great place and Diane has encouraged me to get back to doing it. I have been looking for some easy kits or some way of getting beer back on tap. I have a long range goal of building a "Brewing Shed" and have a new rig to do some all grain batches and be really creative. This all has to happen after our wedding in May. So I thought I may do just some stove top kits or something along those lines. When I started searching around I found this little number by Pico Brew.

The Pico Brew Pro is a counter top all-grain brewing machine. It yields about 1.75 gallons or a 12 pack. You use pre-packaged brew packs and insert them in the machine. It then uses a small keg as the kettle and fermenting vessel. It is very easy to use and easy to clean up. I purchased the machine and a few kits to get me started and I am hooked. It is fun, easy and works like a champ. They have over a 100 different pre-packaged brews to choose from or you can create your own. I have yet to do that but have brewed a DIPA, Wit and as I am writing a Porter is brewing.

The ease of this system is the draw. I am certain the quality of the beer will be great. For a person who wants the control and really create this is not the way to go. I will be eager to get my brew shed built and my all grain system up and running but in the meantime this system will allow me to keep awesome beer on tap.

Cheers! Brew and Smoke on






No comments:

Post a Comment